2013 Election: Ray Joblonski, Park District Board
Ray Joblonski is one of two candidates running for the Darien Park District Board of Commissioners in 2013.
- Position sought: Darien Park District Board of Commissioners
- Phone: Home: (630) 963-4771; Cell: (630) 991-7604; Work: (773) 326-6348; Fax: (773) 326-6148
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Family: Married to Carol Jablonski for 32 years. We have two sons ages 25 and 23.
- Education: Bachelor of Science – Accounting, University of Illinois at Chicago; Master of Business Administration – Management, DePaul University.
- Occupation: Executive Vice President – Operations at Gold Eagle Co., Chicago
What is the primary reason you are running for this office?
I want to continue to be involved in the community and to help guide the Darien Park District. Previously I have been President of Darien Youth Club and coached various youth soccer and baseball teams. That experience as well as my business background gives me a solid perspective.
What do you think are the top 3 goals for the park district?
1. Short term and long range business and operations plans for the Darien Park District including Sportsplex and the Community Center (formerly Fairview School) with a focus on continued financial health.
2. Expanded programs and services for residents of all ages when financially feasible.
3. Even greater cooperation between the park district, the school districts (61, 63, 66, and 86) and the City of Darien.
Are there more services or programs you would like to see offered?
Our staff expands on our offerings each year.
Is there any other information pertinent to your campaign that you would like to add?
- District 61 Advisory Board 1997-98 (Recommendation to move 6th graders
- from Mark DeLay, Lace and Fairview Schools to Eisenhower Junior High)
- Darien Youth Club (DYC) Volunteer Coach 1992 – 2003
- Darien Youth Club President 2000-2004
- Darien Baseball Association (DBA) – Treasurer 2000-2002
- DBA Traveling Baseball Coach – 1999-2002
- Darien Dynamo Soccer Club Coach – 1995-2003
- Chicago Elite Soccer Club Coach – 2004-2005
- Hinsdale South Foundation Golf Outing Co-Chair Person 2005
- Commissioner – Darien Park District 2007 - Present