As if you needed an introduction, Nov. 23 marks one of the busiest shopping days of the year—Black Friday. The event often brings out the best and sometimes, the worst, in shoppers. Some have been known to wait in line for hours before the doors open—and blistering cold, biting winds or driving rain has proved no match for the avid Black Friday deal-hunter.
So far this year, the National Weather Service is predicting mild weather. Thanksgiving night, there’s a chance of showers and mostly cloudy skies, with a low around 42. On Black Friday it should be mostly sunny with a high near 46- and Friday night, partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
Tips & Facts
- Kohl's will open at midnight on Thursday, Nov. 22 and remain open for 24 hours. According to a news release, the store will also feature more than 500 early bird specials from midnight Thursday through Friday at 1 p.m. Kohl’s Operation:Black Friday is open to online shoppers Wednesday – Friday at 3 p.m.
- Most Walmart stores will begin Black Friday sales at 8 p.m. Thursday and will allow shoppers to shop online all day on Thanksgiving.
- The National Retail Federation predicts that up to 147 million shoppers will visit stores and shop online during Black Friday weekend, a slight decrease from the 152 million who said they planned to do so last year.
And now—what you've all been waiting for—the Black Friday ads. Here's your Black Friday Cheat Sheet:
|Store||Opening||Black Friday ad|
|Bed, Bath & Beyond||6 a.m.||Click here for Ad|
|Bass Pro Shops||5 a.m.||Click here for Ad.|
|Bath & Body Works||Midnight||Click here for Ad|
|Best Buy||Midnight||Click here for Ad|
|Costco||9 a.m.||Click here for Ad|
|Hobby Lobby||8 a.m.||Click here for Ad|
|Home Depot||5 a.m.||Click here for Ad|
|JCPenney||6 a.m.||Click here for Ad|
|Kohl's||Midnight||Click here for Ad|
|Lowe's||6 a.m.||Click here for Ad|
|Macy's||Midnight||Click here for Ad|
|Meijer||6 a.m.||Click here for Ad|
|Menard's||5 a.m.||Click here for Ad|
|Sears Hardware||8 p.m. Thursday||Click here for Ad|
|Sports Authority||Midnight||Click here for Ad|
|Staples||5 a.m.||Click here for Ad|
|Target||9 p.m. Thursday||Click here for Ad|
|Walmart||8 p.m. Thursday||Click here for Ad|
To get you off to a good start, here are just a few of the Black Friday deals out there. Happy shopping!
- Toshiba 40-inch Class LCD 1080p-60Hz HDTV: $179.99
- Samsung 15.6” Laptop = 4GB memory, 500 GB Hard drive: $349.95
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with 8GB memory: $179.99
- Motorola DROID Razr MAXX 4G LTE mobile phone: $149.99
- Sony Play Station 3 (250GB) infamous: $199.99
- Nikon Coolpix S9050 12.1 megapixel digital camera: $129.99
- Early bird: 55-60% off + extra 20% off all fine jewelry and silver jewelry
- Early bird: Polaroid 8-inch Android tablet with front-facing camera and 4GB internal memory: $89.99 after mail-in rebate.
- Early bird: Assorted toys from Fisher-Price, Playskool, Little Tikes, Barbie, Disney Princess, Hot Wheels and more: $19.99
- Charter Club cashmere crewneck women’s sweaters: $49.99
- Alfani, Geoffrey Beene & Oscar de la Renta men’s sweaters: $21.99
- Dooney & Bourke 1975 medium Susanna tote: $139.99
- Free headphones with any $75 fragrance purchase
- Lady Gaga Fame four-piece fragrance set: $79
- Victoria Townsend sterling silver diamond hoop earrings: $39.99
—Brian Feldt contributed to this article