D86 Teacher Raises Approved, 'Citizen of the Year' Recognized: Week in Review
Patch looks back at the most read stories from the week of Feb. 25 to March 1.
1. Teacher Raises Approved by D86 Board: Teachers will receive bumps in salary this year and next after negotiations were reopened in accordance with their current contract with the District 86 board.
2. Darien City Council Recognizes Citizen of the Year: Cathy Marchese was chosen for the award for her more than 25 years of service to the community.
3. Elderly Woman Rescued from Burning House in Hinsdale: The woman was revived on the scene by Hinsdale firefighters and was transported to Adventist Hinsdale Hospital with one other victim.
4. Election 2013: District 86 Board of Education: Patch has your guide to the 2013 election for the Hinsdale Township High School District 86 Board of Education.
5. Hinsdale South's National Merit Finalists Honored: National Merit Finalists are now eligible for scholarships from the National Merit Corporation ranging from $500 to full tuition in post-secondary opportunity institutions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are several ways to stay on top of Darien news:
- Sign up for Darien Patch's free email newsletter
- Like Darien Patch on Facebook