Darien Man Allegedly Robs Teen, Man Struck, Killed by Metra Train: Week in Review
Patch looks back at five of the most read stories from the week of March 4 to March 8.
1. Darien Man Charged With Robbing Juvenile Near Clarendon Hills: Leverenzel Booth and two other men were charged with felony robbery Thursday after an incident near Clarendon Hills, the DuPage County Sheriff's Office says.
2. Male Pedestrian Dies After Being Struck by BNSF Metra Train in Westmont: Trains resumed slowly through the area Thursday evening as police continued their investigation.
3. Obama Visiting Argonne Next Friday to Talk Energy Policy: The focus of the trip is to “focus on American energy,” officials said.
4. Darien Abates $500,000, Lowers Residents' Property Taxes: By nixing the "General Corporate Purposes" portion of the property tax assessment, the Village is able to save residents a few bucks come tax season.
5. Election 2013: Is District 86's Board Fiscally Responsible?: Patch asked the question, and the eight District 86 Board of Education candidates provided their answers.
There are several ways to stay on top of Darien news:
- Sign up for Darien Patch's email newsletter
- Like Darien Patch on Facebook