DuPage DUI Arrests, Oct. 28
A man was arrested after police say he drove drunk with two children in his car. Get the details in this week's roundup of DuPage drunken driving arrests.
Oct. 20: A Bensenville man was arrested after police say he drove drunk with two children in his car. Police arrested Steven Masciola, 37, 1045 W. Irving Park Road, after they stopped his green Ford Ranger for speeding and improper lane use at Route 83 and Interstate 290 at 12:52 a.m.
Masciola was charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol and endangering the life of a child. Police also discovered Masciola was driving on a license that had been suspended for a previous DUI. He was taken to DuPage County Jail.
Oct. 18: Jason R. Barnes, 26, 237 Major Drive, Northlake, was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol after police pulled over his black Cadillac CTS for failure to signal and improper right turn at York and Schiller at 1:01 a.m. He was released on I-bond.
Oct. 19: Matias Getzamani, 22, of the 16W600 block of Mockingbird Lane, Willowbrook, was charged with DUI after he appeared to be under the influence of alcohol during a traffic stop for speeding and improper lane use near the intersection of 55th Street and Route 83 at 1:25 a.m., and failed an ensuing breath test, police said. Getzamani was charged with DUI, speeding and improper lane use. He was released to appear in court.
Oct. 19: Elizabeth M. Tautkus, 23, of 5900 Victoria Drive in Oak Forest, was charged with driving under the influence around 1:20 a.m. at 805 Maple Avenue, according to police.
Oct. 14: Jonathan W. Carlson, 22, of 824 Wellner Road in Naperville, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol around 3:30 a.m. at Radcliff and Plank Road, according to police.
Oct. 21: Police charged Jeffrey Sweeney, 35, of Aurora with DUI. He drove a silver 2002 Toyota Camry near Butterfield Road and Cromwell Street at about 2:30 a.m. when police stopped him. He was booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that morning.
- Police charged Alex Hillabrand, 20, of the 1300 block of Santa Rosa Drive in Wheaton with DUI and underage drinking. He drove a silver 2003 Toyota Camry in the 1100 block of Santa Rosa at about 8:15 a.m. when police stopped him. He was booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that morning.
- Police charged Brian Meents, 27, of the 1000 block of Briarbrook Drive in Wheaton with DUI. He drove a blue 2007 BMW near the intersection of Briarbrook Drive and Butterfield Road at about 2:50 a.m. when police stopped him. He was booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that morning.
Oct. 18: Police said they charged Zam Thang, 42, of Glen Ellyn with a warrant related to a charge of driving under the influence from July 26 near the intersection of President Street and Roosevelt Road. He was arrested around 8:45 a.m. at the DuPage County Courthouse, 505 County Farm Road, and taken to DuPage County Jail.
- Police said they charged Edward Van Hecke, 51, of Glendale Heights with driving under the influence of alcohol and issued him local ordinance citations of marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia. Van Hecke drove a blue 2001 Hyundai Tiburon near the intersection of Driving Park and Geneva roads around 12:20 a.m. when police stopped him. He was booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that morning.
- Police said they charged Monica Lacroix, 36, of Glen Ellyn with driving under the influence of alcohol. Lacroix drove a blue 2005 Hyundai Elantra near the intersection of Gables Boulevard and Roosevelt Road around 1 a.m. when police stopped her. She was booked at the Wheaton Police Department and released later that morning.
Oct. 14: Andrew J. Pavlis, 37, of the 1100 block of South Lorraine Road in Wheaton, was arrested at 1:18 a.m. at Roosevelt Road and Nicoll Way, Glen Ellyn police said. He was charged with speeding and driving under the influence.
Oct. 18: At about 1:55 a.m., Russell Provost, 31, of 5902 Hobson Road in Downers Grove, was charged with aggravated DUI, driving while license suspended, improper lane usage and making an improper turn at an intersection. Woodridge Police arrested Provost following a traffic stop in the 800 block of East Boughton Road in Bolingbrook.
Oct. 13: At about 1:20 a.m., Oscar Garfias-Garcia, 32, 8101 Waterbury, Woodridge, was charged with the following:
- No Valid Driver’s License
- Illegal Transportation of Alcohol
- Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle
- Improper Lane Usage
- Failure to Yield to an Emergency Vehicle
Police stopped Garfias-Garcia on 83rd Street at Piers. A passenger in the vehicle, Pedro Flores-Duarte, 24, 2017 Apple Lane, Woodridge, was charged with littering, obstructing identification and illegal transportation of alcohol.
Police report information is provided by local police departments. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.