Football: Hinsdale Central Looks to Bounce Back Against Rival LT
The Red Devils suffered their first loss of the season last week against Glenbard West at home; they go on the road this week for a 7:30 p.m. start in La Grange.
Who: Hinsdale Central (3-1) at Lyons Township (2-2)
When: 7:30 p.m. Friday
Where: Lyons Township High School, 100 S. Brainard Ave. in La Grange
Last week: Hinsdale Central jumped all over Glenbard West, leading 17-7 at halftime, but struggled to stop the now 4-0 Hilltoppers in the second half of a 28-23 loss at home.
The Red Devils did a lot of passing last week. Senior quarterback Brian Owens completed 21 of 34 passes in the game for 286 yards, three touchdowns and one interception.
Senior running back Jack Adams ran for 66 yards on 15 carries.
The Red Devils fell to 3-1 in the standings, but climbed in both the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun-Times polls. They're No. 11 in the Sun-Times' rankings, and No. 15 in the Trib's.
Lyons Township is coming off a 31-0 win over Downers Grove North last week. That brought their record to 2-2. Both Hinsdale Central and Lyons Township are 1-1 in the West Suburban Silver.
Last year, Hinsdale Central beat Lyons Township, 33-10, in the Red Devils' Homecoming game.
Like this story? You might also want to check out:
- Hinsdale South Volleyball Cracks Sun-Times' Top 10
- Hinsdale Central Climbs Chicago Tribune, Sun-Times Rankings After Close Loss to Glenbard West
- Football: Hinsdale South QB Runs for 3 TDs as Hornets Stay Unbeaten
- Football: Hinsdale Central's Strong Effort Not Enough Against Glenbard West
- Illinois High School Football Scores, Sept. 14