Police Blotter: Man Arrested for Attempting to Flee From Darien Police
Darien Police Reports Sept. 30.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
DUI/Fleeing, Attempting to Elude Peace Officer
At about 2:42 a.m., Rodney James, 46, of 205 S. Oak Creek Lane in Romeoville was arrested near the intersection of I-55 and Cass Avenue. He was charged with Possession of Cannabis, DUI - Physical Control, DUI - Over .08, Speeding and Flee/Attempting to Elude Peace Officer. Darien Police say James was observed driving 92 mph in a 55 mph zone. Officers say James failed to stop for approximately three miles while being followed by the police with lights and sirens operating. Police say James admitted to consuming alcohol, and they say he had Cannabis in his front pocket. James submitted to a breathalyzer test, and police say he was over twice the legal limit. He was given a court date of October 30 in Wheaton.
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.
Looking for more police news?
- Police Blotter: House Egged on Brewer, Trees Toilet-Papered on 69th Street
- Police Blotter: Nearly $4,000 Worth of Equipment Stolen From Truck Parked on Lakeview
- Police Blotter: Hinsdale Police Charge Darien Resident With Possession of Drug Equipment
- Woman Charged With Attempted Murder for Firing at Police Officers
- Police Blotter: Navigation Cable Cut in Car Parked on Clemens Drive
- Sex Offender Watch: A Map of Darien Homes to Keep on Your Radar this Halloween