Police Blotter: Man Steals Items From Walmart and Flees
Darien police reports, Oct. 21-28.
SUNDAY, OCT. 28
Someone smashed a softball-sized hole in the glass front door of the Aldi grocery store at 2251 75th St. Police said nothing was taken from the store but that the estimated damage was $500.
WEDNESDAY, OCT. 24
A mailbox in the 1900 block of Kimberly Court was damaged, with the estimated loss being about $300.
SUNDAY, OCT. 21
Police say a man tried removing a number of items from Walmart, 2189 75th St., before fleeing. He stole a backpack, drawstring bag, two car speakers and an amplifier, totaling about $252. The items were recovered but the man left before police arrived.
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.
Looking for more police news?
- Police Blotter: Darien Police Charge Man With Possession of Stolen Vehicle
- Police Blotter: House Egged on Brewer, Trees Toilet-Papered on 69th Street
- Police Blotter: Nearly $4,000 Worth of Equipment Stolen From Truck Parked on Lakeview
- Police Blotter: Hinsdale Police Charge Darien Resident With Possession of Drug Equipment
- Sex Offender Watch: A Map of Darien Homes to Keep on Your Radar this Halloween