What’s Closed on Independence Day?
Here’s a list of some of the local facilities that will be closed on July Fourth.
While many of us will be celebrating Independence Day by attending parades and fireworks displays or barbecuing in the back yard, keep in mind that July Fourth is a federal holiday, and as such, most federal, state and municipal offices will be closed. And since it’s a federal holiday, the post office won’t be delivering mail, and the stock market and most bank offices will also be closed.
Here’s a list of a few other locations that will be closed Wednesday:
- Darien City Hall and Municipal Services Department will be closed in observance of Independence Day. For any police or fire emergency, dial 9-1-1 as always.
- There will be no refuse and recycling pickup in the City of Darien July 4, so pickups will be delayed by one day July 4-6. (Friday pickup will be on Saturday.) Residents should have everything at the curb no later than 6:30 a.m. when refuse pickup begins. To contact the city’s refuse hauler, Veolia, call 708-409-9700.
- DuPage County government offices in Wheaton will be closed for the July Fourth holiday.
- Indian Prairie Library will be closed in celebration of the holiday.
- Darien Park District’s Sportsplex will be closed to public skating.