Join the club....health club
The holidays are finally over. You've basically eaten anything and everything for the whole month of December. Holiday party after holiday party was filled with food that could feed an army. How are you feeling now? Do you have that blah feeling and thinking "why the heck did I eat so much?" Well mostly everyone is feeling the same way, so join the club....literally join the club.
Now is the best season to join a health club and work off those holiday calories. Almost all gyms offer January specials to join. Here are some tips to consider before joining:
- Friendliness and Cleanliness: You want a gym that you feel comfortable walking into. The staff should treat you well. They should greet you when you check in and acknowledge you when you leave. Plus the place should be kept clean. Even though it is a gym, you still want to work out in a clean environment.
- Cost: Some health clubs are $50-$100 per month. Others are $25-$50 per month. Others are under $25 per month. You decide what fitness amenities you will actually use versus what looks good in a sales pitch. Then pick the price point that works best for you.
- Contract: Are you signing up for a contract? Like a 1-Year contract? 2-Year contract? No matter what the monthly costs are, you need to make sure you can be a member for that contract period. Or find a gym that does not have a contract.
- Benefits: Each membership may have different benefits included. Some include a guest per visit. Others include tanning. Some may include some sort of personal training session. Is there group exercise included? Make sure you understand all the benefits that are included and are NOT included with the membership.
- Convenience: Is the club close to home? Close to work? In the same building as your work? What are the hours of operation? You need to find a club that has the easiest access for you.
- Other Fees: You need to make sure you understand any extra fees you might have to pay. Is there an annual fee? Is there a cancellation fee? Don't be surprised if the health club hits you with additional fees. Or find a gym that does not have any additional fees.
The main thing is for you to get to the health club. Good luck and let's go.