Darien’s business community celebrated its successes Thursday during the annual Chamber of Commerce Awards of Excellence.
Blue Diamond Wealth Management was named Business of the Year from among six nominees at the luncheon, held at Bobak’s Signature Events in Woodridge.
Established in 2004, Blue Diamond Wealth Management provides independent financial planning services, investment advice and asset management services to individual investors and their families. The company designs, implements and monitors investment strategies that encompass a coordinated approach to all areas of personal financial management.
Founder and President Angelo Imbrogno helps clients explore all aspects of their financial lives relating to family, assets, liabilities, insurance, income, estate planning, financial goals and risk management. In 2012 Imbrogno was recognized as a Top Financial Advisor and named to the LPL Financial Director’s Club. He has been associated with the Darien Chamber of Commerce for the past eight years, recently serving as chairman of the board.
Darien Chamber of Commerce also recognized the following businesses as Excellence Award winners:
- First American Bank (Member of The Year), has been a member of the Darien Chamber since 2005. The bank has maintained an excellent partnership with the chamber by supporting volunteers to serve on committees and sponsorship for major events. Currently Jeff Dzuris serves as an Ambassador and on the Executive Committee as Secretary of the Chamber.
- Tim Werner – Edward Jones (Ambassador of The Year) Tim Werner of Edward Jones opened his office in Darien in November 2010 – and is currently serving more than 150 households. Last spring, Werner earned the Client Service Excellence award for exceeding expectations in 2011. He was elected chairman of the board of the Darien Chamber of Commerce this year and serves as chairman of the group’s Ambassador Committee.
- Barbara’s Elegant Touch Staffing, Inc., began in 2000, providing staffing, event planning and catering to corporate and consumers. The business specializes in bridal showers, birthday parties and graduations, as well as corporate and private parties. Owner Barbara Gileece enjoys blogging and one day hopes to create a book of party tips. Her latest spotlight is on YouTube, where she provides holiday tips and recipes. Gilleece is on the board of directors of the Darien Chamber of Commerce.
- Darien Historical Society, which was established in 1974, operates Old Lace Schoolhouse and Museum at the northwest corner of Cass and 75th Street. DHS provides opportunity for descendants of first families to showcase their heritage at the museum and sponsors a variety of community activities. The historical society recently published a book on the history of Darien, Images of America: Darien.
- State Bank of Countryside was founded in 1975 in a 5,000-square-foot office in Countryside. Today, the bank’s headquarters is housed in two large buildings and has expanded to five other locations: Darien, Burbank, Homer Glen, Orland Park and Chicago. As a true community bank, SBC gives back by sponsoring chamber and community events - and several of its banking specialists have been chamber ambassadors and served on its board of directors.
Editor’s note: The information above was provided by Darien Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Clare Bongiovanni.