Small Business Saturday passed last week, but supporting local businesses is something you can do all year.
Darien Days, organized by the Darien Chamber of Commerce, puts a special emphasis on local businesses by getting the community involved directly with the business owners.
The event officially started Nov. 25 and will run through Sunday, Dec. 2, concluding with a business expo and tree-lighting. Throughout the week, keep your eyes out for special deals from local businesses. Here's a couple deals:
- Oakridge Hobbies & Toys: Stop by the store, spot the elves and unscramble their five-letter password for a free candy cane and a $5 gift certificate (limit one per person per day). Also, enter a store drawing for a hobby-grade RUCKUS Electric Ready-to-Run R/C truck—no purchase necessary.
- Republic Bank: Open a free checking account or other product and receive a free gift. Also be entered to win a special surprise.
The holiday expo is from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2, at Lace School in Darien, with the Darien Historical Society's annual tree-lighting ceremony beginning at 4 p.m.
Santa will make an appearance at the expo, and there will also be plenty of gifts, games and prizes. There will also be a Pizza Throwdown between Rosati's, Home Run Inn and Jet's.
Admission to the event is any non-perishable food items which will be donated to the Darien Lions Club Food Basket Program.
Expo Vendors Include
- The Keyboard Touch
- Darien Lions Club
- Massage Envy
- Hinsdale South High School Booster Club
- Darien Historical Society
- Friends of the Indian Prairie Public Library
- Home Depot
- Republic Bank
- Celestine Salon & Spa
- Oakridge Hobbies & Toys
- State Bank of Countryside