SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
Possession of Controlled Substance
Denise R. Rivera, 44, of 502 Redondo Drive in Downers Grove was arrested and charged with Driving Under the Influence. Darien Police say officers observed Rivera driving erratically on Cass Avenue. According to the report, police observed that Rivera had red and glassy eyes and a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage on her breath. Police say Rivera admitted to consuming alcohol, and an open bottle of alcohol was found in the backseat of the vehicle. Police say they found two small packets in Rivera's purse, believed to be cocaine. Rivera was transported to DuPage County Jail, charged with a Class 4 Felony for Possession of Controlled Substance and has court dates pending.
Police Blotter information is provided by local law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions taken on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.
Looking for more Darien Police news?
- Darien Man Charged With Sexual Assault to Appear in Court Today
- Police Blotter: Thief Smashes Window, Steals Purse from Gym Parking Lot
- Police Blotter: Several Criminal Property Damage Incidents on Nantucket
- Darien Police Looking for Three Teens Who Robbed a Bicyclist
- Darien Police: We Need Residents Help to Stop Motor Vehicle Burglaries