Saturday, April 26 is National Prescription Drug Takeback Day, and several area police departments are taking part by collecting unwanted prescription drugs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sponsored by the DEA, the National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of medications.
Area drop-off sites include:
- Burr Ridge Police Department, 7700 S. County Line Road
- Lemont Police Department, 14600 127th St.
- Woodridge Police Department, 1 Plaza Drive
- Hinsdale Police Department, 121 Symonds Drive
- Westmont Police Department, 500 N. Cass Ave.
- Glen Elyn Police Department, 535 Duane
The DEA cannot accept liquids, needles or sharps — only pills and patches.