North High School in Downers Grove will welcome two new members to its Athletic Hall of Fame next month.
Athletes Laura DeBruler, who graduated in 2007, and athlete Allison Barrett-Bourn, who graduated in 2001, will both be inducted to the Hall of Fame on Feb. 2 at 6 p.m.
The induction celebration will be held in the main gym following the girls varsity basketball game, which starts at 6 p.m., and before the boys varsity game. Feb. 2 is the cross-town “basketball showdown” between North High and South High Schools; games begin at 2:30 p.m. and will be held at North High, 4426 Main St.
Laura DeBruler’s accomplishments include:
- Led North High to WSC Volleyball Conference Championships – 2005, 2006
- Member of All–State Volleyball Team – 2005, 2006
- Member of WSC All-Conference Volleyball Team – 2004, 2005, 2006
- State Qualifier on 2005 State Championship DGN Badminton Team
- State Qualifier in 3 events on DGN Track & Field Team – 2007
- First team All-American Volleyball Team at University of Illinois - 2009
- Second team All-American Volleyball Team at University of Illinois – 2008
- Named to All –Big 10 Volleyball Team at University of Illinois – 2008, 2009
Allison Barrett-Bourn's accomplishments include:
- First North High Athlete to qualify in 3 different individual sports for the IHSA State meets
- Qualified for a total of 11 IHSA State meets in Gymnastics, Swimming & Diving and Track & Field
- Placed 6th in IHSA State Diving Meet - 2000
- Placed 8th in the State Gymnastics Meet in Vault – 1999, 2001
- Placed 10th in Pole Vault at the IHSA State Track & Field Meet - 2001
- Qualified for the finals in the 4x200m Relay at the IHSA State Track & Field Meet - 2001
“Both Laura and Allison made impressive athletic contributions during their time at North High,” said North High School Athletic Director Denise Kavanaugh. “We hope the community will come out to help us celebrate, and watch the exciting North vs. South match-ups.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There are plenty of ways to keep up on Downers Grove news: