This is the week to walk it, bus it, train it, bike it, skate it or blade it--just don't drive it.
Organized by the Active Transportation Alliance (ATA) and the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Car Free Week challenges people to find new ways to get around that don't involve sitting in traffic or circling for a parking spot.
Participants can track their car-free trips online and earn a chance at prizes online via Drive Less Live More. Tweet about your trip with the hashtag "#carfreeme," and you could also win a Divvy Bikeshare Day Pass, PACE gift bag or free t-shirt.
More Events This Week
- Sept. 24 The Affordable Care Act @IPPL
- Sept. 25 Travel in the Land of Anne of Green Gables @IPPL
- Sept. 28 Raising Awareness, Raising Spirits, Raising Hope 5K Walk for St. Jude
- Sept. 29 KELLY MILLER CIRCUS RETURNS TO DARIEN!!
Headlines: Our Newsletter Overfloweth
- Turn Back Time With an Elegant Vintage Halloween Party
- France Hates Youth Beauty Pageants. Should We?
- Bring the Homecoming Party Home With an Irresistible Spread
Get the Most Out of Patch