- Position sought: 82nd District Illinois House Representative
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
14007 South Bell Road
Homer Glen, IL 60491
- Website: www.electlaura.org
- Age: 42
- Family: I have a 23-year-old daughter who has a chemical engineering degree, an 11-year-old son and an 8-year-old daughter.
- Education: Associates Degree in Applied Science: Electrical/ Electronics, Automated Systems Technology from Joliet Junior College; Certificates: Industrial Electricity and Electronics, Reading Electrical Diagrams, Foxbro Training Institute: Miran 973 Overview; Argonne National Labratory: ND3341 Systemax SCS Certification
- Occupation: Housewife, Taxpayer/Education Advocate
- Political party: Republican
- Previous elected or appointed offices: President of the Pleasantdale Voluntary Civic Association.
- Is there any additional experience you believe qualifies you for the position? Consultant to taxpayer groups concerned about education.
What would your priorities be if elected to this office?
Stop spending. Stop creating more government jobs. Reduce taxes. Eliminate legislation that inhibits free markets. Limited government control.
What sets you apart from the other candidates?
My opponent is a 16-year incumbant who presided over bankrupting Illinois. I as a newcomer with no connections to political interest will cap and cut spending.
Official name of your campaign committee
Citizens for Laura Reigle
What should first be done by the state to keep businesses that have strongly voiced the possibility of leaving, such as CME and Sears?
Stop spending. No government favoritism.
What can be done to help College Illinois?
This program was never intended to be funded by the state of Illinois. It is unfortunate that investors in the program lost money but so did millions of others. The state can't bail out everyone. It was setup to be self sufficient; it should not become a burden to the taxpayers of Illinois.
Stop funding College Illinois! with taxpayers' money. If its managers make bad decisions with investor's funds the investors lose.
What should the government do to create more jobs?
Government should get out of the way of free markets. Stop government spending. Stop creating government jobs and encourage private sector jobs.
What are your philosophies on social issues such as same-sex marriage and abortion, and what should government’s role in those issues?
Government should not advance social agendas via legislation with taxpayer funds.
Do support a gaming bill that would increase the number of casinos or other gambling venues in Illinois? Should a casino be built in Chicago?
No additional gambling in Illinois. No, a casino should not be built in Chicago.
What do you suggest for property tax relief?
For starters, I would have supported Senate Bill 2073, which would have frozen taxes with declining equalized assessed property values. Otherwise we need to stop spending. Stop creating more government jobs.
Should the state consider consolidating school districts? What would be the best way to accomplish this in your legislative district?
My answer is a simple strong "NO."
Should the state legalize marijuana?
Are there ways to reform the legislative scholarship program, or would you support calls to eliminate the program?
Eliminate the legislative scholarship program. It always has been biased and never should have been implemented. It has been and is a political/government perk that costs the taxpayers money.
Who are your political heroes and why?
Founding Fathers, signers of the Declaration of Independence, framers of the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.